Precautions when purchasing a shaft
Thank you for choosing Nippon Shaft. We manufacture and sell the N.S.PRO brand of steel and carbon shafts. However, there are many internet sites where counterfeit N.S.PRO branded products are sold.
Counterfeit products do not meet the highest quality levels of N.S.PRO products in all aspects such as materials, manufacturing methods, performance, strength, etc. In addition, counterfeit products may cause serious accidents or injuries. We are not responsible for any issues caused by improper installation or other improper work, or imitation products. Please understand the following "Shaft Warranty" and have N.S.PRO installed at a reliable golf shop or golf workshop. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Shaft warranty is valid only when authentic N.S.PRO product, purchased or installed by an authorized seller or club manufacturer, fails in normal use according to the cautions in the installation instructions. If failure occurs, please contact the authorized source where the shaft or clubs were purchased. The authorized source will then contact Nippon Shaft and we may perform a precise inspection depending on the condition of the failure.
- The Warranty Policy applies only to authentic Nippon Shaft products, sold or installed by authorized Nippon Shaft partners, that have been used normal conditions according to installation instructions, and failed due to shaft defects caused by Nippon Shaft.
- Please note that the product warranty does not apply in any of the following cases.
- If the product is found to have malfunctioned due to being used outside of golf play.
- Pullouts or if the shaft has been installed in more than one club.
- When it is clearly recognized that damages were caused by improper installation.
- When it is confirmed that the product has been disassembled or modified from the authorized club fitter or club manufacturer.
- The following failures/damages that occurred after purchase
External factors (drop, impact, heavy external load on the shaft’s surface, chemical adhesion, submersion, etc.) fire, natural disaster (earthquake, wind and flood damage, lightning strike, etc.) and other failures or damage caused by circumstances that cannot be attributed to the company (Nippon Shaft Co., Ltd.)
Handling of shafts and golf clubs
In order to use the shaft more safely, please read the following handling precautions.
- Golf shafts are designed and manufactured for assembling on golf clubs only. Never use it for any other purpose.
- Special knowledge and skills are required to install the golf club shaft. Be sure to ask the store where you purchased the product. In addition, Nippon Shaft, the authorized Nippon Shaft seller and the Nippon Shaft club manufacturer partner cannot take any responsibility for accidents caused by improper installation by consumers.
- Avoid storing golf shafts or golf clubs in hot and humid locations.
- Wipe down the club completely from grip end to club’s toe if exposed to moisture.
- Be careful not to scratch the shaft while handling or storing it.
- Trim (cut) the tip of the shaft only according to the trimming instructions specified official Nippon Shaft catalogues. Trimming (cutting) more than the specified length may cause breakage.
- Shafts should be installed/used only once. The shaft’s material may deteriorate, and the original strength and performance may not be maintained due to the influence of heat and force when removing a shaft from a head.
- When assembling graphite shafts, only remove/sand off the coating film on the shaft, not the graphite material. Cutting the graphite shaft body may cause the shaft to break.
- When assembling steel shafts, only remove/sand off the plating film thickness, not the steel material. Cutting the steel shaft body may cause the shaft to break
- Be sure to use a dry cutting machine when cutting steel shafts. Wet cutting machines may create moisture inside the shaft and cause rust, which may cause the shaft to break.
Painted Steel shaft
- Painted steel shafts use special materials applied to the surface of the golf shaft. When cleaning the product, do not use abrasives or solvents. Clean with a soft, dry cloth.
- Due to the nature of the paint, never polish with an organic solvent, an abrasive solvent such as rubbing compound for golf club heads and/or an abrasive media such as steel wool.
- Friction or impact between the shafts, caddy bag, golf club case, etc. may cause scratches on the paint surface, which may lead to peeling or rusting of the paint. Please handle with care, avoiding friction and shock.
Re-use of shaft
Shafts already assembled to golf clubs may be re-installed to different clubs, but will not be covered by our product warranty as it is not recommended for the following reasons.
- The heat generated when pulling out the shaft may affect the material and structure of the shaft, resulting in a significant decrease in strength. As a result, the safety and usage performance originally confirmed at the time of design and manufacturing will be impaired.
- For damages caused by installing used shafts by a club builder who sold and assembled the shafts, the builder (and possibly the consumer) should bear the costs if it was informed the shafts were used. For damages caused by reusing shafts installed individually by a consumer, the consumer should bear the risk. Please be careful when purchasing from an unauthorized Nippon Shaft partner.
Handling of golf clubs
- Make sure that the club is suitable for your physical fitness and skill levels before using.
- Before using the golf club, be sure to check that all parts of the club are securely assembled and free from any surface damages.
- Do not apply excessive force or twist to check the hardness and condition of the shaft. In particular, do not apply force from directly above with the head or grip pointed at the ground.
- In the unlikely event that the golf club is damaged in normal use, do not continue to use the club. Lightweight steel shafts have thin wall thicknesses and any surface fracture may be sharp. Also, as the fibers of the carbon shaft are apt to pierce the body, never touch the damaged area with your fingers.
- Slight dents and scratches may cause breakages, especially for lightweight steel shafts. If any of the above-mentioned appearances are found during use, stop using the product immediately, contact the authorized source where you purchased it for potential replacement.